|First appearance||"Tiger Pushes Mountain"|
|Portrayed by||Nick Frost|
- “With questionable morals and an eye for finding the next quick score, Bajie is as irreverent as he is opportunistic. Sunny finds an unlikely ally in Bajie while shackled to him in a mining prison. However, through the course of the season, Sunny will discover that Bajie harbors secrets of his own. Nothing is as it seems in the Badlands.”
- "Tiger Pushes Mountain"
- "Force of Eagle's Claw"
- "Red Sun, Silver Moon"
- "Monkey Leaps Through Mist"
- "Leopard Stalks in Snow"
- "Black Heart, White Mountain"
- "Sting of the Scorpion's Tail"
- Bajie’s character is based on Zhu Bajie from the 16th-century Chinese novel Journey to the West by Wu Cheng’en. As a consequence of harassing the Goddess of the Moon while serving as a marshal in Heaven, he was banished to Earth and reincarnated as a swine-like creature. “Bājiè” (八戒) is a name given later by his Buddhist master and means “Eight Precepts”. It is a reminder to abstain from killing, stealing, sexual activity, wrong speech (lying), drinking alcohol, eating at the wrong time, entertainment (singing, dancing) and overindulging in sleep on his path to enlightenment. Despite his clumsy personality and his build, he is a capable fighter.
- In "Leopard Stalks in Snow", it is revealed that Bajie also had the Gift.